Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Industry Overview
The post-consumer recycled plastics in consumer electronics market size was valued at USD 11.4 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.6% from 2021 to 2028.
Factors, such as the rising demand for e-waste in consumer electronics products, growing urbanization, increasing disposable income, and rapid industrialization across the world have propelled the demand for electronic equipment. Plastics, due to their durability, toughness, transparency, high heat and chemical resistance, and lightweight, have gained traction in electronic equipment such as laptops, smartphones, and other wearable electronic devices.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Market
To cater to the rising demand for electronics from the growing population, end-use electronic industries are simultaneously upgrading smartphones, computers, laptops, smartwatches, and other consumer electronic devices. The COVID-19 pandemic propelled the demand for consumer electronic products, mainly laptops and mobile phones, due to the implementation of work-from-home policies across various countries. The life expectancy of plastics in consumer electronics is high, which has resulted in rising e-waste across the globe. The growing e-waste is a major problem due to the lack of waste management systems.
The environmental concerns arising from discarded electronic equipment and rising e-waste are being controlled by various countries. According to Plastics Europe, in 2020, European countries including Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, Germany, and Norway implemented landfill restrictions on recyclable waste. Switzerland, Austria, and the Netherlands have attained their targets of zero landfill. Plastic recycling has helped in controlling environmental issues, such as the addition of toxic substances into the soil microplastics entrapment in aquatic species, emission of greenhouse gases, and others, arising from plastic manufacturing to plastic dumping in landfills and oceans.
Moreover, the raw material for producing recycled plastic resins is economical compared to virgin plastics. Many plastic resin manufacturers have started producing post-consumer recycled plastic resins blended with virgin plastics. Applications, where the recycled plastic resins will be used, include consumer electronics and accessories such as chargers & adapters, printers, copiers, and laptop housing. The ready availability and the increase in the plastic waste can prove to be a driving factor for the post-consumer recycled plastics market over the forecast period. Moreover, the use of e-waste can reduce the number of landfills across the globe.
Browse through Grand View Research's Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry Research Reports.
- Polycarbonate Market – The global polycarbonate market size was valued at USD 21.8 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% from 2022 to 2030. The resin finds applications across a wide range of industries, including automotive & transportation, construction, packaging, consumer goods, and medical devices.
- Plastic Market – The global plastic market size was valued at USD 593.00 billion in 2021. It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.7% from 2022 to 2030. The increasing plastic consumption in the construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics industries is projected to support market growth during the forecast period.
Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global post-consumer recycled plastics in consumer electronics market based on source, product, application, and region:
Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Source Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2017 – 2028)
- Non-bottle Rigid
Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Product Type Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2017 – 2028)
- Polycarbonate (PC)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Polycarbonate/ Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (PC/ABS)
Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2017 – 2028)
- TV Frames
- Laptop Monitor Enclosures
- LCD Panels
- Portable Hand-held Devices
- Mobile Phone Bodies
- Appliances & White Goods
Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Thousand, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Market Share Insights
- April 2021: SABIC launched a new LNP THERMOCOMP compound, which is developed with over 50% post-consumer recycled (PCR) resins to ensure a significant reduction in carbon footprint.
- November 2020: SABIC announced the expansion of its existing portfolio of polycarbonate resin, Cyloloy PC/ABS, and Lexan PC resin containing high levels of post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global post-consumer recycled plastics in consumer electronics market include
- BASF SE
- Covestro AG
- Trinseo S.A.
- MBA Polymers Inc.
- INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH
- LAVERGNE, Inc.
Order a free sample PDF of the Post-consumer Recycled Plastics In Consumer Electronics Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519