Rigid gear couplings are also known by the name of sleeve or sleeve couplings were an economic even if historically inaccurate for tree-straight tree associations. It is because of them imperfections that were previously not even considered useful for any servo application. However, with the progress of science by leaps and bounds, 6cm aluminum rigid gear coupling are progressively used for motion control applications due to their firmness, zero kickback and high torque limit.
Types of rigid gear couplings
There are three main types of rigid gear couplings that can be chosen by a person depending on your needs:
• Flanged Type: These couplings are used to connect rotating machines if both the trees are already aligned with each other. It takes up much less space than others types for installation and even cheaper.
• Clamp Type: These couplings are used in machines where there are two different machine shafts connected to function as a single tree. They are available in different shapes, sizes and options.
• Sleeve type: these are the simplest types of coupling in terms of installation and maintenance. However, they can only be used in cases where the available tree size of both the equipment is the same in terms of power and torque.
Advantages of rigid gear couplings
Rigid Gear Coupling 6cm has several advantages over its counterparts that have made them popular choice between different sectors. Some of the key benefits are as follows:
• Low cost of production: the cost of producing standard and custom rigid couplings 6 cm is quite low compared to other types of gear couplings. This helps producers get in producing them at a fairly convenient rate.
• Excellent torque transmission: one of the main advantages of the 6 cm rigid gear coupling is which can effectively transfer torque from one shaft to another connected shaft.
• Torsional stiffness: rigid couplings have a high torsional stiffness. This helps to improve positioning of the same.
• Accuracy: These couplings are now more accurate with almost no play and no winding.
• Simplicity: they are relatively simpler to use and install
• Alignment Capability: Rigid gear couplings can also be used to establish shaft alignment between the components connected to the engine.
• They are quite suitable for various support and push pull applications.
• Easy maintenance: 6 cm rigid gear couplings are easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain for the entire life of the machine.
Disadvantages of rigid gear couplings
Despite their advantages, there are also several disadvantages associated with this type of type of coupling. Let’s take a closer look at some of them:
• Rigid gear couplings are difficult to pick up or destroy
• Being rigid or inflexible, they are unsuitable for any kind of misalignment.
• Because there is a lack of adaptable components, rigid gear couplings cannot assimilate vibrations and dizziness.
• They need a progressively pivotal space compared to other different types of mates Depending on your needs and weighs down the pros and cons of the same, one should choose the right 6cm rigid gear coupling for their industry.