The global Thermal Interface Materials (TIM) market size is expected to reach USD 7.67 Billion in 2030 and register a revenue CAGR of 10.5% over the forecast period, according to the latest analysis by Emergen Research. Rising demand for miniaturized electronic devices and increase in reliance of customers on consumer electronics devices is driving market revenue growth.
Rising demand for miniaturized electronic devices having high-end processors with enhanced processing capacity is driving revenue growth of the market. TIM with high thermal conductivity is beneficial in dissipating heat generated in devices, and allows optimum operational efficiency. Currently, TIM finds wide usage in IC electronic component packaging. TIM is a vital interfacing media placed between the Light-Emitting Diodes (LED) baseplate and cooling system. Rising demand for LED and LED lighting is a key factor supporting market revenue growth. For instance, TV manufacturing firms focus simultaneously on High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) technology to improve viewing content aesthetics. Furthermore, rising demand for blue LED light in quantum dots is propelling market growth.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/176
The key companies studied in the report are:
Parker Hannifin Corporation, Indium Corporation, Dow Inc., 3M Company, Wakefield Thermal, Inc., DuPont De Nemours, Inc, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Fujipoly, Momentive, and Honeywell International Inc.
Increased demand for new as well as replacement of TIM components in data centers is driving market growth. Data centers generate vast amounts of heat energy and heat management is a challenge. TIMs are used in all components of data centers, including switches, serve boards, supervisor modules, and power supplies. Also, increasing popularity of Electric Vehicles (EVs) is contributing to market growth. As batteries in electric vehicles get smaller, the heat produced increases. TIM, combined with low viscosity and high thermal conductivity, has ability to maintain insulating properties.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- In February 2020, Henkel expanded its thermal interface materials portfolio with the launch of high thermal conductivity BERGQUIST GAP PADs for high power applications. BERGQUIST GAP PAD TGP 10000ULM is a formulation, which offers exceptional thermal conductivity of 10.0 W/m-K within low assembly stress formulation and ultra-low modulus.
- Phase change materials maintain a consistent temperature at its melting point while undergoing solid to liquid transition, enabling the material to offer exceptional temperature control between surfaces. Phase change materials find usage in construction as demand for cooler and environment friendly building is growing. TIM acts as a heat storage where heat is absorbed in summer and used in winter to manage temperature difference.
- Silicone segment accounted for largest revenue share in 2020 due to superior properties such as vibration & shock resistance, resistance to chemicals, temperature variation stability, and stability to mechanical stress. These factors are driving revenue growth of the silicone segment.
- Telecom segment revenue is expected to register a rapid growth rate during the forecast period owing to popularity of cashless and digital economy. In a traditional base station, TIM is used in baseband as well as remote radio head unit. 5G stations are being rolled out in several countries which is expected to open up future demand for thermal interface materials.
- Market in North America accounted for significantly robust revenue share in 2020, owing to presence of leading electronics & semiconductor manufacturing companies in the region. Also, increasing investments in healthcare sector and rising adoption of EVs in the region is driving market growth.
Emergen Research has segmented the global thermal interface materials market on the basis of product type, material, application, distribution channel, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2030)
- Greases & Adhesives
- Tapes & Films
- Gap Fillers
- Phase Change Materials
- Metal-Based Thermal Interface Materials
Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2030)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2030)
- Consumer Durables
- Automotive Electronics
- Medical Devices
- Industrial Machinery
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2030)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest Of MEA
The report addresses the following key points:
- The report estimates the expected market size from 2021-2030
- The report provides a forecast of market drivers, restraints, and future opportunities for the Thermal Interface Materials market
- The report further analyses the changing market dynamics
- Regional analysis and segmentation of the market with analysis of the regions and segments expected to dominate the market growth
- Extensive competitive landscape mapping with profiles of the key competitors
- In-depth analysis of business strategies and collaborations such as mergers and acquisitions adopted by the key companies
- Revenue forecast, country scope, application insights, and product insights
Thank you for reading our report. For any specific details on customization of this report, please get in touch with us. We will ensure the report you get is well-suited to your needs.